City of Refuge – Friends’ Club is a non profit organization with its headquarters in Pankshin, Plateau State of Nigeria, West Africa. Its membership stems from students in the university and colleges, graduates of secondary and higher institutions, and youths who are civil servants and willing to volunteer. City of Refuge is a place where people in difficulties find relief; people of purpose find an arena for service – Creating a sustainable future for the world!
City of Refuge – Friends’ Club is registered with the Social Welfare Department of Pankshin Local Government Council, Plateau State; Plateau State Ministry of Youth and Sports; Association of OVC, NGOs in Nigeria (AONN) and has started the registration process with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
To identify needs, mobilize the youths and their communities to rise up and help themselves by themselves, using our work as a practical example.
We have a dream, we see a new society emerging, where young people are free from vices, empowered through education and affecting the society positively through good works.
- To reach out to the disadvantaged in areas of needs, especially education.
- To inspire the youths to develop their potentials, eschew vices and live a purpose driven life, through various practical activities.
- To reach out to prisoners, ex-convicts and juvenile/youth delinquents, and to help towards their reformation.
- To work for the peace and development of our society through various practical activities.
Sources of Funds
- Contributions from two club members.
- Contribution from some Senior Friends of the club and some families of club members.
(The club is committed to the principles of transparency and Accountability in the administration of funds)
Board of Trustees
- Professor Nenfort Gomwalk
- Dr. Sunday Jacob PhD
- Mrs. Nenrot Bala Binshak
- Mrs. Nenrot Ponfa Dapchir
- Ms Eunice Danladi
- Nenpan Monday Zakka
How to partner with us:
- Donate books to our library.
- Sponsor projects in any of the departments we run.